The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Orkney Forum Start a topic | Search
Orkney
Re: Orkney Trip
46 messages
Select a forum:
Oh, sorry, I wrote the wrong place. No, we went to SOUTH R, not NORTH. Please excuse a memory that's a bit less than could be desired.

St. Margaret's Hope, on South Ronaldsay --on the way to Isbister, Tomb of the Eagles-- was the location of the little knitting shop according to notes. So of course we were merely driving from Orkney Island. But it was a lovely drive.

Don't want to claim credit for trips not taken! Loie and I are not as adventurous as you more dedicated MAs.

As to the sheep, I haven't the foggiest notion. I don't know about seaweed, but I know some of the coast we were passing seemed perfect for kelpies. Do THEY eat kelp?

The shop owner seemed proud of the concept of the "Rare Breeds." Perhaps that was just her pulling my leg, talking up the tourists? We had looked in more than a few shops, even the home shop of a weaver on Harris and a knitter in Yesnaby in search of sweaters (pullover styles, so, jumpers?). The one I bought was rather different in color from what we had seen. So I was inclined to believe there was something to her description, but then, I'm often too trusting.

Reply | with quote
Posted by BuckyE
29th March 2010ce
16:28

In reply to:

Re: Orkney Trip (goffik)

1 reply:

Re: Orkney Trip (wideford)

Messages in this topic: