The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Orkney Forum Start a topic | Search
Orkney
Re: Orkney Trip
46 messages
Select a forum:
goffik wrote:
Eeh, ya lucky swine!

We've driven to Orkney and the Outer Hebrides (separately) from Southampton (through Brum) - you're in for a treat! Well, several treats. I'll see if I can furnish you with more info and ideas later...

G x

[EDIT - Actually, I seem to remember someone doing the Lewis-Orkney run in a limited time a few years back on here - can't remember who it was, but I do remember thinking they were bonkers doing it in such a short space of time! They had a great time, though, whoever it was! :) It should be somewhere in the forum's archives if I had time to seek it out... ]

That could be me, we spent one day at Lewis, slept in a van at Callanish and drove to Thurso the next day and caught the ferry to Orkney. It was quite expensive, over £300 in ferry costs alone.
We did stop an extra day in Orkney, because we were starting to feel rushed and there's such a landscape there.
Moth and Jane went a year or so later and did some excellent field notes on Orkney. I remember enjoying reading those.

Reply | with quote
suave harv
Posted by suave harv
16th February 2010ce
11:50

In reply to:

Re: Orkney Trip (goffik)

2 replies:

Re: Orkney Trip (Vicster)
Re: Orkney Trip (goffik)

Messages in this topic: