The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
The Red Lion
21 messages
Select a forum:
Well I decided to grab some food at The Red Lion on Saturday. I figured it would be a bit better when the pub was quiet and they weren't struggling to cater for the hordes of tourists. Was I ever wrong. I felt insulted paying money for the crap that they pass off as "food" in there. How the hell does anyone manage to serve cold onion rings, for the love of god? And luke-warm baked potatoes? Pretty impressive for a pub with about ten people in it. And then there was the "salad"... a depresing collection of limp, yellow lettuce, accompanied to its grave by a whole cherry tomato. Even a splash of dressing or the option of mayo might have helped salvage it from dull, drab ignominy. Sadly, that would appear to have been an expense too far.

Every couple of years I give this place the benefit of the doubt. I've gotta kick the habit. I felt compelled to share my experience in case anyone else is suffering from faded memories of the atrocious "food" served up in the Lion. Give it a wide berth.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Mustard
8th February 2010ce
01:15

3 replies:

Re: The Red Lion (Littlestone)
Re: The Red Lion (Brownie)
Re: The Red Lion (scubi63)

Messages in this topic: