The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Wiltshire Forum Start a topic | Search
Wiltshire
Re: Walking in a Winter Wonderland
9 messages
Select a forum:
You certainly can't beat a bit of Wiltshire. !
last sundays walk around the polisher, devils den, monster stone etc was one of my most enjoyable ever, the only noise to be heard was the voices of myself, Peteg, Paulus, Mikki, and TJJ.
There was a momentary break in the tranquillity when a gyrocopter passed over but besides that the loudest thing out there cept our thoughts was the noise of the crows.
Saturday was a horrible day but sunday surprised us all, the sunset walking back down the ridgeway was awe inspiring, the fact i'd only slept for 3 hours, had a blinding headache and couldn't face any food during the 8-ish mile walk due to the previous nights merriment was hardly even noticed.
Might be an idea to take a small survival kit if out alone though, the downs sport some well hidden ankle snapping holes.
I love the peaks but Wiltshire offers something entirely different, a beautiful place, i just can't resist the call to head back down there given the slightest opportunity.

Reply | with quote
megadread
Posted by megadread
19th November 2009ce
10:54

Messages in this topic: