The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Cumbria Forum Start a topic | Search
Cumbria
Re: Scubi's World Tour of Cumbria
9 messages
Select a forum:
Thanks to everybody kind messages about Rex. He has left a big hole in my life that is proving very difficult to fill but I am sure he is running around some stoney structure somewhere just like he use to love doing.

On the subject of Satnav's I must admit mine has proved to be worth the money I paid for it. Even if it doesn't take me right to a location it gets me close enough so that I can (normally) find it...providing I have a map as back-up that is ;o)
And yes I have had a few funny experiences with them myself including leaving it switched on after catching a tube train into London. It didn't say a word until the train reached a open section of track, located itself and yelled out those self same words at me and everybody around me :o)

Saying that I did think of investing in the SatMap Active 10 but when you consider the cost of the maps for it let alone the GPS, I have decided to stick with my Tomtom and OS maps...much cheaper.

:o)

Scubi

Reply | with quote
scubi63
Posted by scubi63
29th July 2009ce
16:28

In reply to:

Re: Scubi's World Tour of Cumbria (Littlestone)

Messages in this topic: