The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Cumbria Forum Start a topic | Search
Cumbria
Re: Which site for a cumbrian virgin. ?
34 messages
Select a forum:
The Eternal wrote:
megadread wrote:
Thanks again TE, i'll let my lad decide if he can make it up, then again he'd probably be ok and i'll got arse over tit.
The objective is the cave, if we can't make that then i'd be happy with a view from the top of POS and a pitch by the tarn.
Ps, i have climbing gear, i could belay him down, how far down is the cave in metres roughly. ?

The cave is about just under 100m down. There will be plenty of belay opportunities if needed. Your climbing gear would be useful to explore the quarry sites on the ledges on the main face of Pike of Stickle, above the cave. It's straightforward to reach these ledges with the security of a rope, but there is significant exposure.
Hope this helps,
TE.

Thanks for all the info TE, think i'll play it by ear on the day.
If the lad isn't up for it we'll still have taken in some wonderful views and could always get there in time to head over to white moss for the sunset and a pitch with a equally awe inspiring sunrise.

Reply | with quote
megadread
Posted by megadread
21st July 2009ce
00:01

In reply to:

Re: Which site for a cumbrian virgin. ? (The Eternal)

Messages in this topic: