The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Cumbria Forum Start a topic | Search
Cumbria
Re: Which site for a cumbrian virgin. ?
34 messages
Select a forum:
The Eternal wrote:
megadread wrote:
The Eternal wrote:
[quote="megadread Ps: I'd only be looking to descend as far as the cave.[/quote]

That's the worst bit I'm afraid.

Bugger. !
Ah well i might just make do with a pitch by the tarn and a walk up there or if the weather looks promising a higher pitch, then again i might revert back to White moss. ; )
Thanks for the advice TE.

I think I've missed the obvious. You could always climb up the scree from the valley (Mickleden), although it's a treadmill. At least if you're going up it's easier to decide when to turn back, rather than when you've gone too far down, which is so easy to do. It's a hard slog, but could mean you get to the cave in a safer fashion.
Hope this helps,
TE.

Thanks again TE, i'll let my lad decide if he can make it up, then again he'd probably be ok and i'll got arse over tit.
The objective is the cave, if we can't make that then i'd be happy with a view from the top of POS and a pitch by the tarn.
Ps, i have climbing gear, i could belay him down, how far down is the cave in metres roughly. ?

Reply | with quote
megadread
Posted by megadread
19th July 2009ce
01:27

In reply to:

Re: Which site for a cumbrian virgin. ? (The Eternal)

Messages in this topic: