The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: A decade of The Modern Antiquarian
51 messages
Select a forum:
Great thread Jane you have reminded me of some long forgotten memories. In the days before internet access at stately Geordio Manor I think I must have heard about the TMA from one of Julians postcards (I have them in the loft somewhere - I used to love getting them as an early warning of some fantastic event) anyhoo duely bought my copy from HH (or would it have been the Kakalog back then) it arrived and disaster the outer slip case was crushed and split open. I contacted HH and came home one night to find a message on my answerphone from Joanne Wilder offering a replacement - within a day or two a (cosmic!) courier turned up bearing a shiny new perfect copy - I was just gobsmacked and impressed at this level of customer service as couriering a book to me would have cost way more than the book itself. I was and still am totally impressed and very grateful - so Joanne if you are reading this 11 years on thank you.
Anyway my original copy accompanied me on numerous stone circling expeditions until 2001/02 when it was looking a bit worse for wear and was retired and replaced with a new one.

The original copy holds special memories being autographed by Ron and Margaret Curtis in 1999 following the resurection of the Iarsiadar Standing Stone (Site 8a).

Thats my story anyway

All the best
Joolio

Reply | with quote
Joolio Geordio
Posted by Joolio Geordio
30th July 2009ce
23:17

Messages in this topic: