The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: A decade of The Modern Antiquarian
51 messages
Select a forum:
I got my copy as a present from my girlfriend when we lived out in Spain and other than exploring the Avebury area still not really used it in the field - would love to visit Callanish and the Aberdeenshire area.

As others have said though the essays really changed my view of the countryside. For example I've spent a lot of time in the Cheviots for the last 30 years and they just seemed to get more and more magical post TMA. There's not so much in the way of megalithic monuments up there but the cup and ring marks and the ploughed out henges that lead from the Milfield Plain into the Glen Valley attest to its spiritual importance (the avatar sunset is taken from the Glen valley just down from the raised terrace where one of these henges is sited). The stone circle at Duddo (in TMA) is also a fantastic spot on a nice summer's evening.

Reply | with quote
Posted by riverman
15th July 2009ce
07:16

Messages in this topic: