The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: A decade of The Modern Antiquarian
51 messages
Select a forum:
This is a great thread, it has made me re-live some fine memories ......

Anyhoo, Vicky had a copy first and I coveted it for a while until Mark went and bought it for me, one Christmas. He made a BIG thing about the price of it and then was annoyed at the quality (or lack of) the binding, which promptly fell apart.

Trying to remember the year, it was certainly waaaaay before I had a digital camera because I remember taking it with me to Castlerigg and Vicky taking a photo of me on my old "hilarious" camera, clutching the book with my rather over-the-top scarlett hair!

Over the years I have scribbled notes on pages and "ticked off" the sites I have visited - I am sure some would dissaprove but I like my books to be used! It now spends its time, nestled in its slip-case next the TME and takes pride of place in my rather camp, purple "stone" room.

I love this book, regardless of the errors and the bad binding. It was my first real introduction to ancient sites and made me realise just how much there is out there that I want to see. Fab.

Reply | with quote
Vicster
Posted by Vicster
14th July 2009ce
16:58

Messages in this topic: