The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: A decade of The Modern Antiquarian
51 messages
Select a forum:
Shortly after reading a review in a paper (might have been NME, then again it might not...) when it first came out, I pottered down to Blackpool Waterstones more in hope than expectation, and was delighted to find they actually had a copy in the "Mind, Body and Spirit" section. Paid my £29.99, and have treasured it ever since. It's always lived in its slipcase, so the covers are still orange, but the chevrons on the spine have faded to yellow (plus the glowy dolmen thing doesn't glow any more).

It's always with me whenever I go away, but if I happen to be going to visit my friend Louise then I also have to make sure the Post-It note is still securely in place on page 424 so I don't get any earache from her about the picture of Dorian in *that* top... ;-)

And I totally agree with Common Era's comment about the essays. I still re-read them from time to time, and have also acquired various interesting, inspiring, and thought-provoking, books referenced therein and in the bibliography, which I'd probably have missed out on otherwise.

Reply | with quote
1speed
Posted by 1speed
13th July 2009ce
18:13

Messages in this topic: