The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: A decade of The Modern Antiquarian
51 messages
Select a forum:
Hi Janey. You always cheer me up. A breezy no-nonsense nurse marching into a depressing psychiatric ward of people frantically searching for something to be unpleasant about and subtly demonstrating how inconsequential their nonsense is simply by pointing out of the window. O how we’ll hoot at the henge! ;)

Mine’s falling apart. But only in Wessex and Wales. Essex is mint. I find it hard to distinguish between the book and the website as I knew nowt about either or Mr Cope or indeed the internet until 2000 and then they all sort of hit me together along with enforced idleness and I got sucked into an amazing world of megaliths and hundreds of lovely cyberpeople here and in HA. You youngsters probably don’t appreciate how lucky people like me feel to have just managed to experience the net and all it brings but I feel grateful every day. My granddad was born during the American civil war for God’s sake....

Anyway, the book’s in the back of the car and gets taken out at many a field gate. I think the biggest thing I owe to Mr Cope is the fact a field is no longer a field but a series of significant humps and bumps. That, and knowing so many people here that have turned out to be even nicer than I could have ever guessed when I’ve met them in the flesh through Stonehengineers and the various HA events and megameets. Hurrah for us, we’re great aren’t we?!

Reply | with quote
nigelswift
Posted by nigelswift
10th July 2009ce
23:38

Messages in this topic: