The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Ladybower Tor Forum Start a topic | Search
Ladybower Tor
Stone on Derwent Moor near Ladybower?
21 messages
Select a forum:
Took these pictures of a what appears to be a standing stone a couple of years ago and have wondered whether the stone in question was of genuine antiquity or not (or just an old boundry marker or something less interesting), I very much doubt it is naturally occurring. So was wondering if any of the forum members with a knowledge of the Derbyshire/South Yorkshire area might have come across this on their travels and could shed any light? I've never been able to find anything on the internet about it, maybe I've been looking in the wrong places though

http://s565.photobucket.com/albums/ss91/zerkalo_2009/

It is located on the side of the path descending from the Wheel Stones down Derwent Moor towards Moscar House, if my memory serves me correct it was close to were the path intersects Highshaw Clough, loads of grouse butts along that path too. If you look due south across the valley you look across to Hordron Edge.

thanks in advance

Reply | with quote
Posted by zerkalo
13th May 2009ce
12:35

Messages in this topic: