The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Roseberry Topping Forum Start a topic | Search
Roseberry Topping
Roseberry virgins
4 messages
Select a forum:
We decided to make Roseberry our first 'top' of 2009 and decided quite by accident to choose the coldest day of the year so far!!! In the carpark we met a man who was very knowledgable of the area and told us of another walk close by - Blakey Topping which we did the next day.
On reaching the top we were greeted by gale force gusts and a beautiful sunrise - well worth the steep(ish) climb! The chap we met in the carpark was on the top before us and when we met up again gave us a detailed talk on all that we could see and of the history surrounding the area which was much appreciated. I believe he is on this site somewhere and that his name is Richard. So thanks again Richard it was really nice to meet you!
This is my first time on this site and it looks great so I'm off now to browse some more pages!

Reply | with quote
Posted by redninja
17th January 2009ce
12:07

Messages in this topic: