The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Cumbria Forum Start a topic | Search
Cumbria
Re: How's this for a date?
124 messages
Select a forum:
scubi63 wrote:
The date sounds good to me.

The question(s) I have asked myself is how many days should I spend there?
I wouldn't want to drive all that way and only see two sites and that part of the world has so much to see in addition to our stone fetish.

And that would then have a bearing on whether I hotel/B&B it or rent a cottage or even camp.

Are there any dog restrictions other than keeping them on leads....should Rex be up to the trip by then?

This brings the age old question of what are the best sites to see and how long would it take to visit them all assuming travelling by car between sites.

:o)

Scubes

oooh, there's loads to see around this bit of Cumbria alone. You've got the 2 Megs, Glassonby, Clifton Stones, Leacet, Gunnerkeld, the 2 henges at Eamont bridge, a possible Long Barrow and it isn't far too Moor Divock and all the wonders there. There are some holiday cottages available in Great Salkeld (close to Meg) but you will be able to find more info on here http://www.cumbriatourism.org/

There are also some fab castles round here, if that floats yer boat!

Vx

Reply | with quote
Vicster
Posted by Vicster
9th January 2009ce
09:05

In reply to:

Re: How's this for a date? (scubi63)

Messages in this topic: