The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: My problem
16 messages
Select a forum:
Hi 12 bar,
Only tihng I can add is that I think I've just discovered a two mile long stone row, which has been largely obliterated by an Iron age dyke. If I wasn't looking for the dyke, I wouldn't have found the row.
I believe that in a large number of cases the neolithic is hidden by the activities of later years, therefore the periods are linked and to ignore one would remove knowledge of the other.

I'm convinced that no-one died in the making of a vitrified fort (other than possible sacrifices), one day I hope to prove it.

On the other hand I possibly understand how you feel. You see I hate the Romans. Before they came into my area Brigantia things were very peaceful - hill forts had been abandoned for several hundred years over the whole of "middle" britain. There are no signs of border disputes in this period, the only trouble makers were down south.

Yet every day I have to look at Roman things in order to find out about what happened before they arrived.

What does turn you on? stones in particular? Don't you like burial mounds?

Reply | with quote
Posted by BrigantesNation
25th May 2002ce
01:20

In reply to:

My problem (12 bar)

1 reply:

Re: My problem (RiotGibbon)

Messages in this topic: