The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: My problem
16 messages
Select a forum:
OK. But different things boil different peoples jam so there's no need (and no room on this forum) to slag people without justification.

If you'd have written the above explanation with the 'Bugger Them' line then that's ok. Personally I think the 'Bugger Them' on it's own is Trolling. Please refrain from being a git :-)

I partly agree with you by the way. Some of the possibilities that exist around virification are quite horrific, but I still think the subject is worthy of thought. They are an oddity that seem to defy full and satisfactory explanation - even more so than a lot of older remains, such as the neolithic you mention.

I'm not so sure that the neolithic was all that nice by the way. Granted a lot less seems to point to less warfare. However, the mortality rates were higher, food was just as likely to eat you as you are to eat it (at least in Ireland - remember the coutryside was covered in wolves and bears back then) and disease was rife too.

I know it not warfare as we would know it, but sure weren't too pleasant.

Reply | with quote
FourWinds
Posted by FourWinds
24th May 2002ce
21:03

In reply to:

My problem (12 bar)

1 reply:

Re: My problem (Rhiannon)

Messages in this topic: