The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge
Re: Photographing the stones
11 messages
Select a forum:
Hi Vicster.
Yes, my son and I went there on Monday last and had a good visit.
We went in the morning and it was freeeeezing, however, the sky was mostly clear and the sun had just risen. It wasn't spectacular but it did give a good warming light to the stones.
There were 23 people booked in and none of them were intending to play any 'musical' instruments. In fact for the first 10 minutes there were only about 5 of us there.
I sent my son off with the camcorder and I got down to getting some nice pics. As more people arrived this got more difficult. I may be imagining it but I sure I was being followed around by one individual seemed to be determined to be in every shot I was trying to take.
The good news was that a lot of people started to leave after about half an our so again there was just a small number of us towards the end.
I was very impressed with the stones so much so that my view of the henge has changed completely. Up close they are very impressive and you can not help but wander both 'why' and 'how' they are here.
I will definately come back again but not as as part of the masses. I would go for a special access visit everytime if nothing else but for the low number of people.

:o)

Scubes

Reply | with quote
scubi63
Posted by scubi63
7th December 2008ce
07:42

In reply to:

Re: Photographing the stones (Vicster)

Messages in this topic: