The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Megaliths in America!
12 messages
Select a forum:
Well, it's been a while, but I thought I'd post here because you all would know far more about this than I . In an attempt to plunge the depths of my book collection (culled from street vendors, used bookstores, and un-returned friend loans for my entire adult life), I've taken to closing my eyes and thrusting my hand at a random book, then reading at least 2 chapters before bed.

The one I chose a week ago was the following:

"The Search For Lost America: Mysteries of the Stone Ruins in the United States" by Salvatore Michael Trento

Basically, the gist is that there are stone slabs with Celtic markings in New York, Punic (Phoenician) markings on slabs in Pennsylvania, reports of burial mounds, ancient solar observatories, and everything we'd expect to find in a Megalithic site in Europe or the UK, except they're on the east coast of America, and have no connection to the aboriginal native americans. The archaeological community has taken a blind eye to this as it contradicts the idea that the Spanish or Vikings were the first to visit.

Any of you have experience or knowledge you'd like to share? Maybe the heads in the States can get Julian a visa if he's here for "research purposes" (!!)

Reply | with quote
Posted by aaroneous
19th November 2008ce
00:00

Messages in this topic: