The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Theories on 'cup and ring marks'
47 messages
Select a forum:
'They' said it was natural, and the result of geological processes. It was just a he but then he is the accepted face of academia. A decent person, just a few years younger than myself. He was genuine - there was no artifice at all - but he did think it was a natural stone. I was so sure that he would recognise the tool marks that I didn't rehearse the geological rebuttal - Millstone Grit doesn't have fossils, no geological process could cause those shapes etc. I just became quite sad. He just didn't recognise it.

I didn't say that rock art was figurative just that my piece had a figurative element upon it. 'Natural erosion'. The other figurative rock art that I can recall is the foot on the stone in the Liverpool park. I think there are other examples too. Under the Passage Grave Art heading.

Reply | with quote
StoneGloves
Posted by StoneGloves
27th March 2008ce
10:24

Messages in this topic: