The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Standing with Stones DVD
140 messages
Select a forum:
Rupert Soskin wrote:
Yeah Rhiannon, it is good to see stones on telly:-)

You're half right Goff, Mike did put a load of clips on utube but not the whole of it. To be honest, whilst it's a semi-pisser, I don't think many of the people who would want to watch films in that format would ever go out and spend the money anyway so it's probably not a huge loss.
As for the Beeb's eeerrrrm... flattery, you never know, if it increases public interest it might even boost sales (eternal optimist see).

Rupert

Well I have to say my experience was just that - I *could* have watched it on YouTube but purchasing, having the package arrive, scheduling a time to watch, looking forward, getting snacks in, opening a bottle of wine, then being able to watch and rewatch again in comfort, show bits to the kids and to friends, watch all the extra features... was all part of the fun. And considering the price tag and the amount of hours watching / enjoyment gained it was excellent value - and will be even better value when I pull it out again in time and watch again, I know :-).

And of course part is supporting your work and saying thanks for your efforts (as others have said) :-).

Reply | with quote
summerlands
Posted by summerlands
28th February 2011ce
15:05

In reply to:

Re: Standing with Stones DVD (Rupert Soskin)

1 reply:

Re: Standing with Stones DVD (Sanctuary)

Messages in this topic: