The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Standing with Stones DVD
140 messages
Select a forum:
Interesting debate which I guess reflects the inherent problems in 'speading the word' about interests with - let's face it - limited general appeal. Assuming you aren't a treasure hunter, you are never going to make much profit from prehistory. As long as people aren't taking credit for your talent themselves the return must surely be the contribution you are making to society's awareness in general. Mr Cope would seem a clear example here.

I would assume Rupert and Michael's primary aim was to get their work out there to as many people as possible whilst, hopefully, covering costs? Perhaps half interested people - who would never in a million years buy such a DVD - might well see the guys' stuff on YouTube and be intruiged.

The first I knew of Callanish was a picture on the cover of Ultravox's 'Lament' LP (yes, LP) way back in 1984. In retrospect that's when the seed was first sown, the first glimmer of interest at a time when I thought archeaology was shite. Arguably primed me for the coming of the Drude, so to speak. Little things....

Reply | with quote
GLADMAN
Posted by GLADMAN
6th February 2011ce
11:28

In reply to:

Re: Standing with Stones DVD (Sanctuary)

1 reply:

Re: Standing with Stones DVD (Sanctuary)

Messages in this topic: