The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Standing with Stones DVD
140 messages
Select a forum:
Thanks guys.

I loved it - particularly the beautiful photography.
And the espousal of the 'we dont know' philosophy. I like to leave plenty of room to enjoy the possibilities.

Have to admit to diappointment in the whistle stop nature to the tour. I just wanted to be more immersed in some of those awesome places. But I know...its inspiration to get out there more myself. Hope to get to Anglesey this spring and check out that mysterious stone/tree. Will try to pursuade the megalith buddy to come with me - he is a bit of a stone and wood expert (hands on working knowledge rather than scientific study) and Im sure he'll have something interesting to say about it. I know he'll jump at the chance once he sees the film (yup I sneaked a preview before his birthday ; ) )

Really surprised by what you said in the interview about not bumping into more people while you were filming. Hope your film gets out there and inspires more people to explore for themselves.

Re Offerings. We did alot of tidying up at Long Meg last year. Meeting with much approval - particularly from locals who didnt want to interfere with the offerings but were glad that we were. Somebody suggested that if people absolutely MUST leave an offering of some kind, a single strand of hair from their own head is appropriate. Its unobtrusive, organic/degradable and intensely personal. I cant see anything wrong with this and wonder if it might be a good idea to suggest it to people who are into more extravagant non-biodegradable gestures??
Maybe thats a topic for another thread.

Loved your enjoyment of Callanish too- really MUST get up there. So many places so little time....

Best Wishes
cx

Reply | with quote
Creyr
Posted by Creyr
9th March 2008ce
15:55

In reply to:

Re: Standing with Stones DVD (Rupert Soskin)

1 reply:

Re: Standing with Stones DVD (Michael Bott)

Messages in this topic: