The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: petrified pic
140 messages
Select a forum:
Just seen that Rupert's posted a photo of the possible petrification: http://www.themodernantiquaria[...]post/65688/bryn_celli_ddu.html

(Hope you don't mind me posting that link, Rupert & I haven't trodden on your toes!)

Having seen it & the dvd I'm pretty convinced, myself, at least that it's likely to be petrified wood. Wish I'd paid it more attention when I was there!!! (Tho the 1st time I went, I didn't know you could get in!!) To me it sounds like you've seen/know enough about it to give a reasonably informed opinion, Rupert.

It'd be great to know more - shame any testing would be destructive. Even if the cuts aren't man-made and it was 'found' petrified by the builders it's still a pretty spectacular 'find'. I'd've thought a few expert opinions just from looking at it'd pretty much effectively tell if it's petrified wood. Mebbe experts'd be able to tell by looking whether the cuts etc are likely to be man-made.

And, yup 4W, the Ygdrasill (sp? - can't be bothered to check it) imagery was the 1st thing Jane & I said when we watched the relevant bit of the dvd. :^)

love

Moth

Reply | with quote
Moth
Posted by Moth
30th January 2008ce
18:15

In reply to:

Re: BUY IT NOW! (Rupert Soskin)

1 reply:

Re: petrified pic (Rupert Soskin)

Messages in this topic: