The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Aberdeenshire Forum Start a topic | Search
Aberdeenshire
Re: Aberdeenshire help
35 messages
Select a forum:
Hello there. I used to live in Turriff, Aberdeenshire, but moved back to East Lancs about nine years ago, so I daren't give you any hotel advice, as it'll be out of date!! One thing though.....it's VERY rural, and when I lived there if I was "without car" it was impossible to get around, apart from local walks of course...you need someone who's just visited,or indeed lives in the area to give you advice on somewhere to stay. You won't be disappointed with Aberdeenshire. If you can spare the time, climb Bennachie ( a hill near to Inverurie) and check out the coast, it's fantastic. Banff's a good bet for a stroll on the beach, or Portsoy for a look. Make sure you buy a good map of the area, or you'll get lost for fun!! I'd move back for tuppence, to be honest. But heed my advice on the map.......buy a good 'un.Er, that's it!

Reply | with quote
Posted by petplanet
13th January 2008ce
20:06

In reply to:

Aberdeenshire help (Vicster)

1 reply:

Re: Aberdeenshire help (drewbhoy)

Messages in this topic: