The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Rollright Stones Forum Start a topic | Search
The Rollright Stones
Re: Rollrights - another attack!
58 messages
Select a forum:
scubi63 wrote:
I can't believe this has happened again Alan. I have never understood what goes through the minds of these morons.
Unfortunately the Roll-Rights are accessable by foot from any direction by anybody who wants to do this sort of thing.
Other than fencing it off (which nobody wants) I am not sure what can be done to stop any repeats of this.
I am not sure if cameras would be enough as they never seem to be able to identify the drunken idiots in my town who break shop windows every weekend.
I feel this is a worrying trend that seems to be increasing through-out the west country and I fear for our other open and unprotected sites.

Sad thing here is: some of the culprits to this are known in the two adjacent towns. Several of us who lived and worked in the hut over a few years found out some of the folk who caused some of the trouble here - but Rollright Trust didn't want to stick their necks out and be a bit forceful in making them come out. There was a coke-group in Chipping and a bunch of piss-heads from Moreton who kept coming here to cause trouble. One night we were awakened (whilst sleeping in the hut) as they were smashing the door dowm , pissed outta their little heads. We ran at them, bollock-naked, then found 'em in a pub down-town following nite. Twas an intriguing event - and all 'attacks' on the hut stopped thereon.

Seems like our northern attitude aint liked down there though - even though it stopped the idiots attacking the place. But they found out we'd left after a few months and they keep coming back with their little white powders and beers. RT, in all honesty, don't really wanna get their feet wet. Pathetic really.

Reply | with quote
Paulus
Posted by Paulus
29th December 2007ce
21:01

In reply to:

Re: Rollrights - another attack! (scubi63)

Messages in this topic: