See my latest fieldnote for details, but it looks as if the clowns who lit the recent fire have been back again. Another fire in the hut, further damage to the King Stone sign, and this time, chippings have been taken off one of the stones in the circle...
It might be an idea to ask the people running the Rollright Trust exactly what it is they do with all the cash they make. Aren't they the people apparently responsible for the safe-guarding of the place? They make thousands each year on the place (though I clearly recall some considerable discrepancy between the amount actually taken over a couple of years and the amount they wrote for the taxman) and surely they should have done something with the cash they've made over the last decade to ensure such vandals are caught. Cameras on the roadside wouldn't be intrusive and should easily be within the financial remit of the Rollright Trust. So what stops them putting the cash people donate into action? I recall the previous owner, Pauline Flick, complaining considerably about their ineptitude on this and other issues. Seems they're still not getting their fingers out (of the cash-pots).
Perhaps the people who constantly complain about the inadequacies of EH, National Trust, the Silbury issues, etc., might - nay should - apply their political voices elsewhere?
Reply | with quote
|Posted by Paulus|
29th December 2007ce
Rollrights - another attack! (ocifant, Dec 29, 2007, 19:02)
- Re: Rollrights - another attack! (Paulus, Dec 29, 2007, 20:19)
- Re: Rollrights - another attack! (Littlestone, Dec 29, 2007, 20:27)
- Re: Rollrights - another attack! (scubi63, Dec 29, 2007, 20:49)
- Re: Rollrights - another attack! (Jane, Dec 31, 2007, 15:51)
- Re: Rollrights - another attack! (nigelswift, Jan 05, 2008, 07:23)
- In praise of the Rollrights (nigelswift, Jan 08, 2008, 09:15)