The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Carrickglass Forum Start a topic | Search
Carrickglass
Spud-U-Like?!
9 messages
Select a forum:
Fool covers dolmen in tin-foil:

http://www.sligochampion.ie/fr[...]-years-old-dolmen-1050068.html

“The concept ‘Punk Rock’ is an art installation, covering a Neolithic object with foil to obscure the texture and highlight the form, challenges any antiquated references within the postmodern context, by an organo surrealist. Augmenting the rock with material discloses its intended function and reveals, the original idea juxtaposed to confront the audience with paradoxes arising from unlikely choices of material, or from allusions to discrepant periods in art history, or from cultural contradictions instigating flexibility of form. Unlike Titian, Vermeer and Witkin whose works attempt to imitate the perfect order of external existence mine is of an internal order of things.

“What is being done here is also scientific, the foil was acting as a densiometer to extrapolate data from the reflective light patterns and determine how the sunlight travels around the surface of the Labby during the solstice. By analyzing sequential still and video images I may determine if the Labby is in alignment with the solstices. However, I’ll not be able to glean the data I was hoping to collect. Ultimately, I would prefer to study the rock with sophisticated telemetric detecting devices to pinpoint hot spots, as well as using thermographic photography, heat detectors, even a rhizotron to sample gaseous exchange of the plants.

Solstice

“I figured it must have reflected light in the summer and absorbed the most light possible on the winter solstice possibly providing warmth to a fleeing couple”.

Moron. I think I've concieved of a new art form - confronting post-modernists with a boot up the hole.

Reply | with quote
CianMcLiam
Posted by CianMcLiam
14th August 2007ce
07:45

7 replies:

Re: Spud-U-Like?! (FourWinds)
Re: Spud-U-Like?! (rocknicker)
Re: Spud-U-Like?! (gjrk)
Re: Spud-U-Like?! (slumpystones)
Re: Spud-U-Like?! (FourWinds)
Re: Spud-U-Like?! (fitzcoraldo)