The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Cumbria Forum Start a topic | Search
Cumbria
Re: Tom Clare - Prehistoric Monuments - Lake District
24 messages
Select a forum:
Howdo Mark
Personally I hoped for something a little more ‘meaty’ but I guess that’s because I’ve spent a fair bit of time researching and visiting the area and without trying to sound big-headed, have a little more knowledge of many of the areas he speaks about than many Lakeland visitors. That said, I have definitely learned a lot from the book.
I guess I was expecting a book that would distil all diverse ideas and theories regarding Cumbrian Prehistory into one undisputable truth and provide me with the answers to all my questions. Is that too much to ask?
All in all it’s a really nice book with lots of information especially about some of the lesser known sites; I would recommend anyone with an interest in the area to buy it. It sits well beside Waterhouse’s guide to the stone circles of Cumbria, Bradley’s interpreting the axe trade and Beckensall’s Rock Art of Cumbria.

cheers
fitz

Reply | with quote
fitzcoraldo
Posted by fitzcoraldo
29th October 2007ce
13:37

Messages in this topic: