The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Ancient sites: Protect or Use?
225 messages
Select a forum:
slumpystones wrote:

You still have managed to avoid the first word of the whole paragraph - HOW?

Look, you'd put me in a better frame of mind for answering such questions if you could cut the patronising tone and just hold a polite conversation like two adults with different opinions. Why the hell does everything have to become a conflict???

slumpystones wrote:
How do you suggest you initiate dialogue?

Well for starters, I imagine you'd get more feedback and discussion on TMA if offering-leavers didn't see threads like this and run a mile! But hey... I never claimed to have all the answers! There's certainly no better solution. I never heard of any disagreement getting resolved without dialogue. If you think a few harsh words and signs are gonna stop people leaving offerings at sites, I suspect you'll be disappointed.

slumpystones wrote:
Better still, try it somewhere else. See how many people tell you to fuck off when you point out their littering habit, and how many embrace your interfering in their daily lives.

Oh to be a fly on the wall for that one...

Been there, done that. Generally worked quite well. I've pulled people up about inappropriate behaviour whenever I've found the need. A couple of weeks back I had words with some bloke at Abbotsbury Swannery who seemed to think it was OK for his kids to throw stones at water foul. And he was bigger than me. Don't be scared of people... you'll be surprised what you can achieve. Especially if you approach them with a smile and a handshake.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Mustard
27th June 2007ce
20:41

In reply to:

Re: Ancient sites: Protect or Use? (slumpystones)

1 reply:

Re: Ancient sites: Protect or Use? (slumpystones)

Messages in this topic: