The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Ancient sites: Protect or Use?
225 messages
Select a forum:
Littlestone wrote:
Quite simply that most ordinary people aren't even remotely bothered by the presence of offerings.

I think you enjoy playing with words Mr Mustard.

Not at all. I can't be arsed farting around with a discussion like this just out of a perverse enjoyment of semantics. I believe it's a very complicated issue. Complicated issues require a little more thoughtfulness than "it's wrong because it is!".

Littlestone wrote:
Tell ya wot, let's get real; we'll pop round to your place with a couple of crates of tinnies, cakes and bananas later.
Well we'll leave that pointless analogy right there, since last time I checked, most ancient sites don't have residents.

Littlestone wrote:
By the way, I seem to have missed which areas of the megalithic subject you're interested in, or have some degree of knowledge about.

Have we reached the part that Paulus was talking about where you accuse me of being a troll? Or perhaps Britain's heritage doesn't belong to all its residents as you previously suggested, but only those of us who provide sufficient credentials to meet your preferred criteria? I thought we were discussing the issue of offerings... not my personal background?

Reply | with quote
Posted by Mustard
27th June 2007ce
14:18

In reply to:

Re: Ancient sites: Protect or Use? (Littlestone)

Messages in this topic: