The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Ancient sites: Protect or Use?
225 messages
Select a forum:
Mustard wrote:

So we've just established that litter in public places is OK, so long as it meets your criteria?

So you demonstrate your ability at conflict resolution how??!! I didn't say my criteria, simply that under certain circumstances behaviour otherwise frowned upon is tolerated by society, I think it's fair to say a fringe belief in the tooth fairy/spirits/ghoulies or whatever as justification for littering is low down the scale of societies tolerances. That's all, nothing to do with my own beliefs, just a part of being a social animal with a social contract.

Mustard wrote:
Give us some reasons as to why its greyer than a selfishly imposed belief on the rest of the visiting public.

Quite simply that most ordinary people aren't even remotely bothered by the presence of offerings.

Earlier you asked how we could possibly know that people are bothered, now you presume to know they aren't, can we not agree that in the abscence of emperical evidence (but an acknowledgement that in society in general that littering is not tolerated and is in fact frowned on) that it's wise to err with caution and bring tat brought to a site home.

Reply | with quote
CianMcLiam
Posted by CianMcLiam
27th June 2007ce
14:16

Messages in this topic: