The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Ancient sites: Protect or Use?
225 messages
Select a forum:
You know, it really does amuse me to think how relativists actually make it through each day getting anything accomplished..

09:45am, popped in to get petrol, attendant insisted I exchange 40 pounds for some refined fossil fuels, I tried to explain to him that defining the vaule of a limited natural resource in terms of arbitrarily valued currency (which is open to fluctuations defined by unlimited phenomenon, thereby rendering any notion of 'value' open to interpretation based on many factors, not least the agreement of units of time and whether such units can be considered valid as defintions on whether time has passed, which itself is open to interpretation) and measured by mechanical systems calibrated to socially constructed 'units' is reductionism at its very worst, since observation of the measuring in itself influences what is interpreted as the result.

10:45am Being thrown in jail is on overly simplistic response to a fundemental argument that cannot be resolved in simplistic, naive pseudo-intellectuallism.. Damn this bed is rock solid.

Reply | with quote
CianMcLiam
Posted by CianMcLiam
27th June 2007ce
12:49

Messages in this topic: