The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Ancient sites: Protect or Use?
225 messages
Select a forum:
It ultimately comes down to commonsense.

My daughter had her hair cut short a few years ago and insisted on taking the cuttings to Coldrum and tying them to the tree there. She was about 9 years old, and had decided it herself, and I can't find it in myself to criticise her for whatever reasoning behind it.

But there IS a difference between hair that will be plucked away by the birds for nesting, a posy tucked away in an unobtrusive place, and a huge pile of flowers, plastic-wrapped and tied with that foul yellow ribbon-stuff. There are no definite lines between them, just commonsense.

My only real concern is for the future, and setting precedents. Small bunches lead to big bunches, lead to lots of big bunches. Okay, a cracking compost heap nearby, but not what most people, in my opinion, want to see at any SAM.

Reply | with quote
slumpystones
Posted by slumpystones
27th June 2007ce
12:28

Messages in this topic: