The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Ancient sites: Protect or Use?
225 messages
Select a forum:
Hi Mustard!

Thought I'd just pop into this bit of the thread and say 'Hello!" Much of what you've said above is, to me at least, very sensible and very open. But as you'll find (if you aint noticed already) you're dealing with people who act like politicians here, not rationalists or scientists. Minds are already made up for most folk: they've positions to uphold and uphold them they will, at whatever cost - even to the point of constant contradictions and looking stupid.

Please don't think this attitude is (as you said somewhere earlier) the attitude of everyone on TMA: it aint. Many folk disagree with many general opinions on TMA forums, but many of us simply keep our gobs shut and "leave 'em to it" as we say! As I've read thru this thread, I find you being very lucid, very open, very amenable to alternate viewpoints, but the responses coming back are reactionary and rather intellectually naive.

Many positions here are already firmed entrenched to some people: a case of "2+2=4" to folk, always - and if someone comes along trying to show a system known as binary, if people don't wanna look, they simply won't. The next methodology is for someone to call you a troll (cos you're trying to get people to see wider viewpoints), which then makes the others come in and shout the same word. Thereafter, you'll be banned. That's the way it goes here. Let's hope not. I like the way you're writing (whether I agree with it or not is another matter).

All the best - Paul

Reply | with quote
Paulus
Posted by Paulus
27th June 2007ce
12:20

Messages in this topic: