The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Ancient sites: Protect or Use?
225 messages
Select a forum:
I suspect the reference is to CASPN, the Cornish Ancient Sites Protection Network. See http://www.cornishancientsites.com/

The group is diverse, and includes many Pagans - I know several of the main players in the group personally. They have nothing but respect for the sites and do a lot of good work,in league wih other organisations, making sure that the sites are accessible and available to all. The other side of access is of course protection - making sure that the sites are not overrun and worn away by visitors. Hence the requirement to leave the site as you find it.

I've been in Cornwall this weekend, and myself removed some leftover 'offerings' from some sites,which otherwise would have rotted in place and left a mess for the next visitor.

As a Pagan myself, I have no problem with anyone using the sites in this way, but I do get annoyed at having to clear up mess left behind by others.

Reply | with quote
ocifant
Posted by ocifant
25th June 2007ce
18:35

Messages in this topic: