The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Aberdeenshire Forum Start a topic | Search
Aberdeenshire
Re: Aberdeenshire help..
18 messages
Select a forum:
The first time I went to Ireland I spent hours trying to find Reenascreena stone circle, (like most sites, it's dead easy to find once you know where it is!).

Anyway, on my last day, I found it. The sun came out and I've never enjoyed a site so much. I vowed if I ever came back to Cork, I'd seek out that magical circle again.

The next year I was back, with Julie. I wanted her to see this wonderful place. She came with me, and didn't like trespassing (as she saw it), and didn't like the cows, and when we got to the circle, her foot slipped in the ditch full of water around the circle. "Oh, fucking hell" she said. It was hardly magical.

I learned two things.

1) You can't recreate magical moments. No matter how much you forward plan.

2) What's magical to you, need not be magical to someone else.

So, if I were you, I'd be careful not to drag her round too many sites. Luckily, many of them have the 'wow' factor even none stone-huggers will appreciate.

Anyway, if you go self catering you can always leave the little lady cooking. . or just give her a few quid and send her shopping, women love that! she'll be occupied for hours!*

* Chortle!

Reply | with quote
suave harv
Posted by suave harv
2nd June 2007ce
12:46

In reply to:

Re: Aberdeenshire help.. (dee)

Messages in this topic: