The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: This isn't a dig; I'm just confused....
669 messages
Select a forum:
Squid Tempest wrote:
or they could have been coating the original surface with mud from the nearby water courses. sounds interesting to me, I wonder if they'll post a hypothesis on this.

Agreed, Squid. The way I see it, the whole area about Silbury; widely referred to as "The Moat" and (I think) by Dames a "The Mother figure" seems to indicate a lot of deposition anyway. Reference to the Figure I mentioned in my previous post shows the alluvial band (yellow) as being quite broad and accomodating Silbury III's broad base within it. So I was wondering if this band was just an extension of what was already there. IMO, the notes in the PDF (and my imagination in translating them) don't seem to clarify anything. Which is why I asked. I'm glad I did, because I like your interpretation.

Peace

Pilgrim

X

This topic is locked
Pilgrim
Posted by Pilgrim
10th July 2007ce
10:48

Messages in this topic: