The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: Silbury updates
669 messages
Select a forum:
slumpystones wrote:
Littlestone wrote:
Silbury belongs to the Victorian era, not to an era increasingly aware that our natural and cultural heritage is poised on the edge of a precipice.

There's little difference between the general feeling here and what Stukeley must have felt seeing barrows torn open, and stones broken up and dragged away. How little we have progressed in 200 years or more, with the farce of the Government arguing with the Government over Stonehenge and the main Conservation group in the country considering defiling a monument they are supposed to protect from intrusion.

Well the argument rages.... I got cross years ago, when all the field pansies disappeared up to WKLB ;) now - solstices, druids, upset children, EH not giving us all the detail and Banksy doing a skit on Stonehenge with portaloos, not to mention The Greens selling out on Tara, plus I read on U-Know oil is going to disappear faster than expected (which I already knew) so we don't need Motorways round Tara or Stonehenge anyhow...
The children should not put a time capsule in Silbury Hill, if they are disappointed offer them a bigger treat, not lollypops for goodness sake...

This topic is locked
moss
Posted by moss
15th June 2007ce
18:09

In reply to:

Re: Silbury updates (slumpystones)

1 reply:

Re: Silbury updates (slumpystones)

Messages in this topic: