The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Britain 3000 BC
461 messages
Select a forum:
A beautiful day outside but I'm waiting in for that elusive butterfly aka 'a gas engineer'.

Am reading Britain 3000 BC by Rodney Castleden - this copy borrowed from North Wiltshire Libraries (Wootton Bassett) but I would very much like to own it. Perhaps considered by some a little out of date now as published 2003, it has clarified and helped me to order some of information I've absorbed since becoming interested in the ancient monuments and the people who built them - he starts by going through the time-line since the end of the last Ice Age up to 3000 BC.

Just read the chapter on 'House and Home' which very much focuses on Orkney. Not a text book, clearly written and illustrated, it is easy and enjoyable to read.

ISBN 0-7509-2693-7

Footnote: Partly due to being temporarily house-bound, I have just read a post by The Sea Cat over on Village Pump; also recommended reading (see Fuck Frank, part 2). I 100% agree - here's to public libraries and BOOKS.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
1st September 2010ce
14:09

In reply to:

Books of possible interest (Littlestone)

2 replies:

Re: Britain 3000 BC (thesweetcheat)
Re: Britain 3000 BC (thesweetcheat)

Messages in this topic: