The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Cumbria Forum Start a topic | Search
Cumbria
Re: So , how was it?
25 messages
Select a forum:
rocknicker wrote:
fitzcoraldo wrote:
After lunch, Mark Edmonds gave a wonderful talk entitled ‘The Neolithic in the Central Fells’, I have seen Mark speak on a couple of occasions, he is always good value for money his knowledge, passion and laid back delivery are always wonderful. His talk was excellent and focused on the axe production sites and how they may have been perceived and used.
After Coffee Helen Loney gave a lecture on ‘Towards a European perspective on the Cumbrian Bronze Age’ the best thing I can say about her lecture was that it was like wading through treacle. Definitely a case of wrong place, wrong time for Helen. That apart, a lovely day.

Yes yes yes Mark was wonderful! How inspiring. I'd gladly sit through a whole day of him. Also enjoyed fondling those huge stone axes.

Helen Loney on the other hand.... if she'd had been the first speaker I'd have headed for the hills too. It's a real shame really because I'm sure she must have had something interesting to say, but I'm fucked if I got any of it (but at least she knew how to pronounce Cumbria)

Was she the women on the ront row who asked (and answered) a few questions earlier in the day? She sounded Canadian?

Gah, I missed out on an axe-fondling? Bugger

Reply | with quote
Vicster
Posted by Vicster
2nd May 2007ce
13:14

In reply to:

Re: So , how was it? (rocknicker)

1 reply:

Re: So , how was it? (rocknicker)

Messages in this topic: