The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Nine Ladies of Stanton Moor Forum Start a topic | Search
Nine Ladies of Stanton Moor
Re: 9 ladies, Stanton
16 messages
Select a forum:
Here's another Derbyshire representative, I grew up roughly half way between Arbor Low and the Nine Ladies - actually I was going to go up to both over the weekend, but the snow was a bit too bothersome. Re. the Nine Ladies, we used to go up there for quaint little gatherings years ago (well about ten years ago), I don't know what it's like now but then there were always twats ripping branches off the trees to try and make fires (doh!), and generally making a nuisance of themselves - for some reason said twats always seemed to be from Barnsley, but that's probably how I remember it! I'm glad we didn't trudge through the snow to see it this w/e, it would have been too depressing. An aside: did anyone see that far out programme about the stone circles in the sea of Japan? Want to go!!!

Reply | with quote
rangzen
Posted by rangzen
27th February 2002ce
14:06

In reply to:

Re: 9 ladies, Stanton (stubob)

1 reply:

Re: 9 ladies, Stanton (stubob)

Messages in this topic: