The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   County Kildare Forum Start a topic | Search
County Kildare
A Something Somewhere
13 messages
Select a forum:
I'm afraid that the post is as vauge as the title.

There is the remains of a structure (mounds not walls) on the train route between Newbridge and the Sallins & Naas stop. (2 mins form S&N on left heading towards NB) I spotted it about 2 years ago and everytime I'm on the train it bugs the hell out of me, that I only get a few seconds glance at it and no time no figure out what on earth it could be. I tried everything from drawing sketchs to taking pictures, neither of which work every well when you're flying by at 60 mile a hour. It's quite large 20yds x 10yds, roughly rectanglar, has internal walls and covers flat ground aswell as running up the side of the neighbouring hillock. I don't care if its anicent or not anymore, i just want to know what it is. Please, if any one takes this route, put me out of my misery.

Reply | with quote
StewardsofGondor
Posted by StewardsofGondor
4th December 2006ce
13:38

1 reply:

Re: A Something Somewhere (ryaner)

Messages in this topic: