The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Labbacallee Forum Start a topic | Search
Labbacallee
Anyone got any information on the Mogh Ruith?
4 messages
Select a forum:
I came across this druid twice in the one weekend, here at Labbacalle and also at a standing stone outside of Tipp town called Roth Ramhach (I think).
Seemingly in the Annals of the Four Masters (the ancient ireland history mixed in with biblical stories) he was a great druid (and husband of a goddess) that travelled to Italy and met the bibical alchemist Simon Magnus.
I have it in a book at home but the standing stone Roth Ramhach was meant to be the remains of this crazy "machine" described as a "fire-wheel" that could destroy armys with its power a bit like the Ark of Covenant i guess. It was destroyed at a great battle at Solohead beg.
Anyway, all a bit out there I know but its amazing folklore, Ill post the whole excerpt later on tonight but if anyone has anymore info on it would appreciate it.

Reply | with quote
bawn79
Posted by bawn79
23rd October 2006ce
09:45

Messages in this topic: