The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Megalithic Paintings
114 messages
Select a forum:
Attended a very interesting talk on saturday night given by lady called Dr Annie Anderson, who I believe teaches at Southampton Uni. It was on art and ancient landscapes and did the full spectrum from gothic ruins to dolmens and circles. Lots of stuff by Piper and Samuel Palmer and also a lot of Paul Nash...that I don't like!

A man called Thomas Hearne was mentioned who did I think it was said a whole series of Stonehenge images back in the late 1700s.

Also mentioned were the Ruralists who are still busy painting the landscape etc down here in Cornwall.

As i sat being bombarded by images I thought a lot of Jane's work, it would have fitted in very well.

It was also mentioned that Southampton Uni will be putting on an exibition of all this work in early 2008..keep an eye out Goff! and that it might tour the country.

Mr H

This topic is locked
Mr Hamhead
Posted by Mr Hamhead
13th November 2006ce
09:29

In reply to:

Megalithic Paintings (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: