The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge and its Environs Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge and its Environs
Re: For what it's worth...
390 messages
Select a forum:
Hi Gordon

Not necessarily peacemaker, but truth- (as I see it) teller. Yes I was enjoying a lot of the discussion. As I think I expressed - I have no doubt of your sincerity - never have done. But I have no doubt of Steve's either.

And I don't think either of you were points-scoring or 'arguing' for the sake of it. It's just a shame that you seem to have (it seems to me) reached the stage when you're not even interested in certain peoples' views or opinions (most extremely, Steve's!) and I think that's a shame.

I think the discussion here's probably dead (for me at least) now - until next time! ;^)

I was going to challenge your recurring theme of academic v practical engineering knowledge and the fact that you seem to think that nobody with academic qualifications knows what hard work is or has any practical knowledge. I'm sure in your heart-of-hearts you know that's not right.

But it's offtopic & I'm also sure you've heard anything I would have said before. And I'm sure you have your reasons for thinking and feeling that way. At the risk of sounding sanctimonious, I'll just say that it doesn't do you any favours.

love

Moth

Reply | with quote
Moth
Posted by Moth
22nd November 2008ce
00:45

In reply to:

Re: For what it's worth... (GordonP)

Messages in this topic: