The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge and its Environs Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge and its Environs
Re: The bluestone debate
390 messages
Select a forum:
GordonP wrote:
Using the support logs to provide shoring when levering up a stone from horizontal to vertical. Intial experiment successfully tested last year in America where I was warmly welcomed and entertained for 14 days all expences paid.

Some, if not most of your ideas are nothing more than elaborations of established techniques for raising and moving heavy objects. I was using such techniques as cribs, and progressive levering in building long before I even met you.

As for the idea quoted above, if you're talking about the method I think you are it's one that you got from me in the first place. I'd thought about it many years ago in relation to raising Egyptian obelisks and I remember discussing it with you and drawing up diagrams of how it would work.

Reply | with quote
Steve Gray
Posted by Steve Gray
20th November 2008ce
19:02

In reply to:

Re: The bluestone debate (GordonP)

Messages in this topic: