The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge and its Environs Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge and its Environs
Re: The bluestone debate
390 messages
Select a forum:
Stone-rowing is alive and well thank you very much, as are some of my other innovations, like providing the lever operators with a working platforms that rises in line with the stone when using a crib to elevate a lintel stone. And rowing the raised lintel into position using working platforms.

Using the support logs to provide shoring when levering up a stone from horizontal to vertical. Intial experiment successfully tested last year in America where I was warmly welcomed and entertained for 14 days all expences paid.

Only this week did I receive mail from a Russian Archaeologist asking permission to quote from my old website in a book he is writing.

Without abandoning stone-rowing I am at the same time hoping to test a new method of transport I have devised. Needless to say it won't involve brute force.

I could go on but you'll only ignore what I have to say.

Reply | with quote
Posted by GordonP
20th November 2008ce
18:25

In reply to:

Re: The bluestone debate (Steve Gray)

Messages in this topic: