The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Lewis and Harris Forum Start a topic | Search
Lewis and Harris
Lewis and Harris Hotspots!
28 messages
Select a forum:
Right, I'm fookin sick of all of the bitching and hollering going on on here at the moment, so instead, I invite those of you who have been lucky enough to visit the wonderful isles of Lewis and Harris to offer a TMA guide to the "must-do" sites, sounds and vibes.

Here are mine: (I've left out the most obvious one....)

1) Clach an Trushal. An absolute must and a joy to behold; after all of those mesmerising circles, it's ace to see this HUGE piece of stone, overlooking the sea.

2) Sgarasta. After Lewis, Harris seems a little bereft of sites but this is a beauty.

3) Cnoc Fillibhear Bheag. An outstanding circle, in an amazing setting.

4) Cnoc Ceann a'Gharraidh. The amazing triangular stone!

5) Ceann Hulavig. This site blew me away, you get to look over the landscape and just get a "feeling" for the whole island.

6) The Thai Cafe - a Thai restaurant? On Lewis? You betcha and it's cheap, cheerful and great food!

Right, can we now have some feel-good, positive posts and stop with the shitty attitudes, please? Ta!

Vxx

Reply | with quote
Vicster
Posted by Vicster
31st May 2006ce
14:27

Messages in this topic: