The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   High Bridestones Forum Start a topic | Search
High Bridestones
Re: Medium Format..
59 messages
Select a forum:
I suppose I shouldn't poke my nose into a subject I know nothing about. But I do know I've been taking snappy snaps of buildings round here. I take them because I find something interesting about the building. When I get it back from Boots it obviously looks nothing like how I 'saw' it. But I'm then able to take the photo and do a drawing or painting from it, and recapture something about what it 'said' to me at the time. Some things I leave out, some things are exaggerated - to show how I saw it in my head, with whatever preconceptions I have with me. I don't think that's cheating? And photography's just another art, is it not? Nothing like that's objective. Even if you try to do a draftsman's version, or whatever, it's still presenting certain aspects of the scene and leaving out others. It all depends what you think's important.

~or am I missing your point. Perhaps this is just an argument about cameras.

This topic is locked
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
4th March 2006ce
15:41

In reply to:

Re: Medium Format.. (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: